Witamy na stronie Zarządu Transportu Miejskiego w Lublinie
Ordinance No. 85/12/2017
of the Mayor of the City of Lublin
of 29 December 2017
amending Ordinance No. 21/5/2017 of the Mayor of the City of Lublin of 12 May 2017 on laying down "Regulations on Transporting Passengers and Property on Local Public Transport Commissioned by the Public Transport Authority in Lublin" Pursuant to Article 33(3) of the Act of 08 March 1990 on Municipal Self-government (Journal of Laws No. 2017, item 1875), Article 4 and 33a, paragraph 6 of the Act of 15 November 1984 on Traffic Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 1983), Article 46(1)(9)(a), in connection with Article 7(1)(1) and (4)(1) of the Act of 16 December 2010 on Local Public Transport (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2136) and § 22(1) of the Organisational Regulations of the Lublin City Hall constituting an appendix to Ordinance No. 100/2011 of the Mayor of Lublin of 24 February 2011 on granting the Organisational Regulations of the Lublin City Council (consolidated text Announcement of the Mayor of the City of Lublin of 20 October 2017, as amended) I order as follows:
Chapter 1 General provisions
For the purposes of these Regulations:
1) ZTM, ZTM in Lublin – shall mean the Public Transport Authority in Lublin;
2) vehicle – shall mean buses and trolleybuses of public transport operators which carry out transport services commissioned by ZTM in Lublin;
3) operator, carrier – shall mean an entrepreneur licensed to perform business operations in the scope of passenger transport commissioned by ZTM in Lublin;
4) transportation – shall mean public-utility transportation of passengers, objects and animals by the operator;
5) passenger – shall mean any person on a public transport vehicle who is not a member of the transport service,
6) transport agreement – shall mean an agreement between the carrier and the passenger;
7) ticket validation – shall mean the validation of a ticket through:
a) a ticket validator on a public transport vehicle – in the case of validating paper and electronic tickets,
b) a proper application for mobile phones – in the case of e-tickets bought via mobile phone through the system operating in Lublin (e.g. mPay, moBilet, SkyCash);
8) transport documents inspection or inspection - shall mean a group of inspectors’ embarking on a public transport vehicle to check whether the passengers have valid transport documents, i.e. tickets and documents entitling them to free or discounted fares, and collecting additional charges or issuing a Demand for payment of additional charge and transport fare for the passengers travelling without paying for the ride or not having documents confirming their entitlement to travel free of charge or use a discount or for changing the route of the vehicle without due cause;
9) inspector – shall mean a person authorised by ZTM to inspect transport documents and documents confirming entitlement to discounted or free fares within public transport services commissioned by ZTM in Lublin, and to collect additional charges or issue a Demand for payment of additional charge and transport fare for the passengers travelling without paying for the ride or not having documents confirming their entitlement to travel free of charge or use a discount or for changing the route of the vehicle without due cause;
10) additional charge forms – shall mean a pre-numbered form or print-out issued by the inspector to the passenger, confirming the payment of the additional charge and the transport fare to the ticket inspector during transport documents inspection;
11) Request for payment, WDZ – shall mean a pre-numbered or print-out issued by the ticket inspector to the passenger who refused to pay the additional charge and the transport fare during the transport documents inspection;
12) “warm button” – shall mean the device available in vehicles making it possible for passengers to open the door, facilitating maintaining an optimum temperature inside the vehicle – in the winter season preventing the cooling of the interior, and in the summer season enabling efficient air conditioning operation (if available in a given vehicle).
The transport agreement is concluded:
1) for single-ride tickets, time-limited or tourist tickets (paper or electronic) – by validating the ticket immediately after beginning the ride, in accordance with the price list and the ticket zone;
2) for season tickets – by coding an electronic season ticket valid within a given period of time and on a given route of travel; prior to the commencement of the journey, on the Electronic Ticket Card or other carrier approved by ZTM, an electronic periodical ticket valid for a given date and on a given route;
3) in the case of persons entitled to free fares – by taking a seat in the vehicle and holding a valid document confirming their entitlement to free fares.
1. The passenger shall be entitled to use the public transport services operating in accordance with the applicable timetable and routes, subject to par. 2.
2. ZTM can optimise its transport offer, including changing timetables and routes, shortening or extending them.
3. The following entitle to use the public transport vehicles on both day and night lines:
1) single-ride and time-limited tickets, specified in the relevant resolution of the Lublin City Council, in paper and electronic form, coded on the E-Ticket Cards and other carriers permitted by the ZTM in Lublin;
2) personalised and bearer season tickets, family tickets specified in the relevant resolution of the Lublin City Council, in electronic form, properly coded on the E-Ticket Cards and other carriers permitted by the ZTM in Lublin;
3) tourist tickets, specified in a relevant resolution of the Lublin City Council, in electronic form, coded exclusively on the so-called Lublin Tourist Cards;
4) documents confirming the entitlement to free fares.
Chapter 2 Sale of tickets on public transport vehicles
1. The sale of single-ride and time-limited tickets on public transport vehicles is supplementary to the regular sales network. Tickets are sold:
1) via ticket machines;
2) by public transport vehicle drivers in the event of the lack of a ticket machine in the vehicle or when it is out of service;
3) via mobile phone through the system operating in Lublin (e.g. mPay, moBilet, SkyCash).
2. The public transport vehicle drivers sell single-ride tickets in paper form.
3. Should it be necessary to buy a ticket from the driver, a passenger is obliged to inform the driver about it:
1) immediately after entering the vehicle;
2) in the event of a ticket machine being out of service – immediately after stating this fact.
4. The sale of tickets by the bus driver takes place only at bus stops.
5. Having bought a ticket (from a driver or using a ticket machine), the passenger should immediately validate it.
6. Passengers are advised to prepare the exact amount of the ticket price.
The rules on the use and validity of single-ride and time-limited tickets shall be as follows:
1) single-ride and time-limited tickets must be validated immediately after getting on the vehicle (non-validated tickets do not entitle to travel). Time-limited tickets validated in one vehicle should not be validated again in another vehicle;
2) single-ride tickets permit one ride by one passenger on the public transport vehicle on which they were validated;
3) time-limited tickets permit travelling on any route with the option to move to another public transport vehicle within the time limit indicated on the ticket beginning with the moment of its validation or to a journey on the vehicle on which such a ticket was validated, on the whole route, that is to the final bus stop, irrespective of journey time;
4) it is forbidden to give a validated single-ride ticket to other people. A validated single-ride ticket, if used by another person, is invalid. A single-ride/time-limited ticket coded on a Personalised Card, if used by another person without the Card holder present on the vehicle, is invalid;
5) a paper single-ride or time-limited ticket is invalid when it is destroyed or damaged in a manner preventing the reading of the ticket validator imprint, the number or the value of the ticket;
6) a single-ride or time-limited ticket which has been validated more than once is invalid;
7) a single-ride or time-limited ticket is invalid when its value is different from the current fares implemented through the relevant Resolution of the Lublin City Council;
8) a single-ride or time-limited ticket constitutes a proof of payment only during the ride.
The rules on the use and validity of season tickets shall be as follows:
1) a person whose personal data are indicated on an E-Ticket Card or an Electronic Student/PhD Card is entitled to use a personal season ticket, and any person who is in possession of a bearer season ticket during a ride, is entitled to use it;
2) personalised season tickets shall be coded only on personalised E-Ticket Cards or other personalised carriers permitted by the ZTM in Lublin;
3) season tickets are valid for as many consecutive calendar days as are paid for, starting from the beginning of their validity period coded on the Card. In the event of the starting day of the ticket validity period being the same as the date of its purchase, the ticket is valid from its purchase. 30-day tickets, 90-day tickets and 150-day tickets which are valid from the first day of the month, can be used until the last day of the month of their expiry, except for tickets valid from the first of February.
4) season tickets are sold in advance, up to three months ahead;
5) season tickets permit an unlimited number of rides on all lines within the time limit of the ticket, and season tickets for one line permit unlimited rides on the line indicated on the ticket, and any other line(s) covering the route of that line (up to the first bus stop after the lines split) within the time limit of the ticket.
The rules on the use and validity of family tickets shall be as follows:
1) these are tickets for multi-children families, living permanently in Lublin at the same address, with at least four biological or adopted children up to 18 years of age, and, if they continue education, up to 25 years of age; in the case of disabled children, without an age limit.
2) every member of a multi-children family is entitled to one copy of a family ticket. A ticket is valid for 12 consecutive full months and should be purchased in advance or on the first day of the given calendar month that starts the validity period of the ticket. All copies of a family ticket are issued for the same validity period;
3) a family ticket is issued on the basis of an application submitted to the Ticket Sales Point in Lublin after fulfilling the requirements stipulated in par. 1.
The rules on the use and validity of tourist tickets shall be as follows:
1) these are electronic tickets coded exclusively on the so-called Lublin Tourist Cards issued by the Lublin Regional Tourist Organisation on terms specified by the organisation;
2) they entitle to multiple rides on any routes, within the Full Ticket Zone (1+2), with the possibility of changing to other vehicles, within the time specified on the ticket counted from the moment of its validation;
3) the tourist ticket should be validated immediately at the beginning of the first ride on a public transport vehicle;
4) the tourist ticket constitutes a proof of payment only during the ride;
5) it is forbidden to code and use the tourist tickets on carriers other than the Lublin Tourist Card.
1. ZTM issues the Instructions for the Use of the E-Ticket Card, which specifies the procedure of issuing and using the electronic ticket carrier.
2. The instructions are available at: www.ztm.lublin.eu and at the ZTM Customer Service Office and at the ZTM Ticket Sales Point in Lublin.
Chapter 4 Transport Documents Inspections
1. Inspections on public transport vehicles offering local public transport commissioned by ZTM Lublin are carried out pursuant to the Act on Transport Law.
2. Ticket inspections are carried out in teams of three or more within the hours of public transport operation (including night transport).
3. Inspections are carried out on public transport vehicles which are in motion or at bus stops.
4. The inspectors perform their inspections on the vehicles, which can be continued after stepping out of the vehicle at the passenger’s request or consent upon establishing the passenger’s identity.
5. During inspection, the passenger is obliged to present to the inspector a transport document, i.e. a ticket or a document confirming the entitlement to free fares, and in the case of entitlement to discounted fares - an appropriate document confirming the discount entitlement, for the purpose of verification.
6. Documents which may constitute a basis for issuing a Demand for payment are all identity documents allowing the verification of the passenger's identity, with the full name, a photo and PESEL number, including a school or student ID card.
7. During the passenger's inclusion, in accordance with the Transport Law, in special cases, e.g. justified by the long time of waiting for the Police, the controller gives the passenger to complete the Personal Data Determination Protocol and on this basis issues a request for payment.
In exceptional cases, when a passenger is caught, justified by a long waiting time for the police, the inspector gives the passenger a Personal data form to be filled and on its basis issues a Demand for payment. The form should be completed by the passenger legibly enough to issue a Demand for payment on its basis.
8. The Demand for payment issued on the basis of the Personal data form can include only the personal data entered by the passenger in the form.
9. The Personal data form must be completed by the passenger also when the produced identity document lacks address of permanent residence. In such a case the passenger should include in the form his/her residence address or correspondence address, which he/she confirms with his/her own signature.
10. The inspector is obliged to familiarise the passenger with the grounds for imposing the Additional charge, to ask him/her to sign the Demand for payment and give it to the passenger.
11. In the event of the passenger's refusal to sign and/or collect the Demand for payment, the Inspector makes a proper annotation on the Demand for payment.
12. A printout (or a printout from the printer) of the Additional cash charge issued upon payment of the payment due and the Demand for payment shall constitute the equivalent of the transport document and entitle the passenger to continue his/her ride on terms and conditions corresponding to those of the ticket whose type has been determined as the transport fare.
13. The passenger is entitled to receive information on his/her rights and the appeal and complaint procedure.
14. During an inspection, the inspector is entitled to use the readers and other devices provided to him/her by ZTM.
1. If the passenger is found to lack an appropriate transport document, i.e. a ticket or lack a valid document confirming entitlement to a discounted or free ride, or if the passenger causes the public transport vehicle to stop or change its route without due cause, the inspector is entitled to collect, during transport documents inspection, an appropriate transport fare and an additional fee, the amount of which is determined on the basis of a relevant resolution of the Lublin City Council, issuing an additional fee form as the receipt of payment, or issues a Demand for payment.
2. If the additional fee referred to in section 1 is paid directly to the ticket inspector during the inspection, the amount of the additional fee due shall be reduced by 40%.
3. If the additional fee referred to in section 1 is paid within 7 days from the date of issuing the Demand for payment document, the amount of the additional fee due shall be reduced by 30%.
4. The reduction of the additional fee referred to in par. 2 and 3 shall not apply to the additional fee for the passenger causing the public transport vehicle to stop or change its route without due reason.
Chapter 5 Rights and Responsibilities of the Passengers
1. A passenger has the right to receive information on the bus and trolleybus timetables and the terms and conditions of transporting people, animals and objects.
2. A passenger has the right to be treated in a polite, respectful manner by the bus or trolleybus driver and ticket inspectors.
3. A passenger who does not have a valid season ticket, family ticket, a previously validated time-limited ticket or tourist ticket or an entitlement to a free fare is obliged, immediately after getting on the bus, to validate the appropriate ticket as indicated in the table of fares.
4. The validated ticket should be kept and produced during ticket inspection.
5. Any damage (marks, torn clothes, etc.) arising from the carrier’s fault should be immediately reported to the public transport vehicle’s driver.
6. A passenger is entitled to travel with objects and animals without an additional charge, as stipulated in a relevant resolution of the Lublin City Council on the rules and regulations for regular, municipal transport of persons carried out in the Lublin public transport, as part of the local public transport, whereby:
1) a passenger may travel with hand luggage, if it can be placed inside the public transport vehicle in a manner not blocking or hindering passage, or staining other passengers’ clothes, limiting the driver’s field of vision or threatening traffic safety, etc. A passenger should also take off a large rucksack or a bag and travel with it in a manner not hindering the journey of others;
2) it is forbidden to travel with any objects exceeding a length of 2 m;
3) it is permitted to travel with a bicycle under the condition of placing it on the public transport vehicle in a manner posing no threat to the health of other passengers, and not damaging the public transport vehicle or threatening traffic safety. The passenger is fully responsible for any damages or marks resulting from travelling with a bicycle;
4) a passenger may travel with a pram or a wheelchair.
7. In vehicles with a “warm button” function passengers are obliged to use the button placed next to the door inside or outside the vehicle to open it before embarking and disembarking.
8. In the event of entering the vehicle at a stop labelled “request stop”, a passenger is obliged to signal such an intention in a manner that is clear for the driver, e.g. by approaching the kerb (while maintaining a safe distance from it) or by hailing the bus with an extended arm. The above actions should allow the vehicle to safely come to a halt at the bus stop. Passengers wishing to leave the bus at a request stop are obliged to notify the driver in advance by pressing the “STOP” button or verbally informing him/her.
9. In the event of a public transport vehicle being excluded from traffic, which prevents further travel, the passenger has the right to continue the journey on the next public transport vehicle of the same line with the use of the single-ride ticket validated on the vehicle which could not continue its journey.
10. A passenger has the right to make a complaint to ZTM in Lublin concerning the provision of public transport services, subject to par. 12 hereto.
11. Complaints and applications referred to in par. 10 shall be examined in accordance with the procedure and principles laid down in the Act of 14 June 1960 on the Code of Administrative Procedure (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 23, as amended).
12. Civil-law claims resulting from the concluded transport agreements shall be settled pursuant to § 14 of these Regulations.
Chapter 6 Rules of Public Transport Safety and Security
1. After entering a vehicle, the passenger is obliged to take a seat or standing place, and, especially in the latter case, hold on to a handle or a rail.
2. On public transport vehicles, it is forbidden to:
1) occupy a spot or behave in a manner that obscures the driver’s field of vision or otherwise interferes with driving;
2) engage in a conversation with the driver during the ride;
3) signal the driver to halt or to depart without any legitimate reason;
4) open the doors of a public transport vehicle while it is moving;
5) stay on the public transport vehicle while it is performing the necessary operations at the final bus stop;
6) touching or holding elements of the vehicle equipment not intended for that purpose;
7) stay within the area of operation of the doors at the moment of their opening and closing;
8) sit on safety railings, rails or handles.
3. The driver is obliged to:
1) signal departures, checking beforehand whether all passengers getting on are seated or standing on board and those getting off have left the vehicle;
2) arrive at and depart from bus stops in accordance with the timetable and with the standards applicable to the operator;
3) ride up to the initial bus stop after completing the activities connected with changing the direction of travel, in accordance with the timetable and with standards applicable to the operator;
4) not allow unauthorised persons to enter the driver’s cabin;
5) stop at stops labelled “request stops” if there are passengers waiting at such a stop who might wish to board the vehicle or if a passenger on board signals his/her intention to alight by pressing the suitable “STOP” button, but also when his/her behaviour suggests that he/she wishes to get off the vehicle at the nearest stop. This also applies to situations where a number of passengers are standing in the door area;
6) reduce speed, and, if necessary, stop the vehicle at a stop labelled “request stop”, under limited-visibility conditions (e.g. heavy fog, another vehicle in the bus lay-by, heavy rain or snow, an unlit bus stop) to ensure whether there are any passengers at the stop. The above actions should allow the vehicle to safely come to a halt at the bus stop.
Chapter 7 Complaint Submission Procedure
1. Any comments concerning services offered by the public transport commissioned by ZTM in Lublin should be addressed to the ZTM Customer Service Office, which is open Monday to Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
1) in writing or in person : 20-701 Lublin, ul. Nałęczowska 14;
2) by telephone: 81 466 96 64;
3) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
4) by fax: 81 466 29 01.
2. The carrier holds civil liability, including liability for damages, in respect of services provided to passengers, in particular for failure to provide or undue performance of services and personal injuries and property damage arising from the performance of services according to generally applicable regulations, including the Transport Law and the Civil Code. Any claims related to damage sustained by passengers in respect of the mentioned services should be submitted directly to the carrier who performed the specific service (ride). The carrier shall not be liable for damage caused solely by the passenger, in particular his/her behaviour in breach of the provisions of Resolution No. 773/XXXI/2013 of the Lublin City Council of 23 May 2013 on the rules and regulations for municipal public transport (the Lubelskie Voivodeship Official Gazette of 2013, item 3282) and the provisions of Chapter 6 of these Regulations.
3. Any complaints, requests and payments arising from demands for payment issued by inspectors are accepted by the Customer Service Office of ZTM in Lublin, 20-701 Lublin, ul. Nałęczowska 14, Monday to Friday between 07:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., tel.: 81 466 96 64, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Complaints are accepted and handled in compliance with the Ordinance of the Minister of Transport and Construction of 24 February 2006 on shipment examining procedures and complaints (Journal of Laws of 2006, No. 38, item 266).
Chapter 8 Final provisions
1. In matters not regulated herein, the relevant provisions of the applicable law shall apply, including Transport Law, Resolution No. 773/XXXI/2013 of the Lublin City Council of 23 May 2013 on the rules and regulations for municipal public transport implemented in Lublin urban transport within public transport services (the Lubelskie Voivodeship Official Gazette of 2013, item 3282).
2. The Regulations for the Transport of Persons and Goods by Local Collective Public Transport, ordered by the Public Transport Authority in Lublin, are available from the Customer Service Office of ZTM in Lublin and at www.ztm.lublin.eu